Sep 23, 2006

"Red Mud" Race - Aug26/27


I'm finally getting around to writting about this race...once again so much has happened since then, but I thought that I should keep posting in order ;)

Wayne, Shawn, and I headed over to PEI way back in August to compete in this 24 hour race. This was my 3rd 24 hour race of the season, so I wasn't dissapointed to find out how absolutely FLAT PEI is! Because of the less challenging geography we were able to cover an impressing distance at approx. 160kms.

Getting Organized...

At the Start Line

We started at scenic North Cape which is located at the very northern most tip of PEI....we maintained 1st place as we ran 2kms to CP1/TA1, biked 18kms to CP2/TA2, ran4kms along the beach to CP3 and swam across the harbor to CP4/TA3.

Next we paddled 16kms to CP5/TA4, then biked 20kms to CP6/TA5...and somehow, despite our 1.5hr bike whack, we were still if first place. In the middle of the cold cold night we set out on the 20-something km trek, during which we froze and fought off lots of "sleep monsters".



So Much Red Mud!!!

From there we still had a 30 km bike and a 12 km paddle to the finish line...finishing the race in 1st place at 19hrs54mins.











At the finish line

...with Ernie (the best support crew ever!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home