Oct 26, 2006

Addiction Services? You decide...


Once upon a time, a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon an episode (this season's premiere) of Grey's Anatomy. I had heard lots about this show from friends at work, but it was always just one of those shows that I didn't watch. I don't watch a lot of TV, and I certainly don't have any shows that I watch every week....or should i say didn't...


I was intrigued by this episode that I saw...I stored these thoughts, intended on watching it again the next Thursday, and went back to life. One day soon after, I was strolling by Blockbuster and a chime went off somewhere in the back closet of my brain. I stumbled in, "happened" upon the first DVD of Grey's Anatomy Season 1. I rented it, and started watching it as soon as a I got home.

That was the beginning of the end.

I watched the first 5 shows in succession, and then I had to have more. I called every video store in a 5 km radius, found the next DVD,....you can figure out the rest.

With the first season done, I had to get my hands on the complete 2nd Season, all 26 shows of it. And when I did, Life slowed to a crawl, or even a pause. For a week we (I say we because I also roped Shannon into this...) did what we had to do with the sole purpose of getting home to watch the next show. We stayed up into the wee hours of the morning, slept in daily and rushed to work/school with no lunches made, no clothes ironed...you get the picture. Our usually tidy apartment was a mess; the counter was full and overflowing with dirty dishes. I didn't go to the gym, I took my car to work daily (it's a five minute walk). It was pretty bad. We were very addicted.

Finally we got through the 26 shows...and I was actually relieved. Life could go on, get back to normal. And it has. I am happy to report that I have been my usual productive self since this lapse in self-control...going to the gym, filling my freezer with muffins and soup, doing the dishes, showering...:)


However, as I write this post, I am watching a re-run of the show on TV. We were so disappointed that they were showing a re-run tonight...and somehow we've been sucked in again, watching attentively, again. Oh dear.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit - Suzanne rented the first season when she was here in the summer & I have to say... it was pretty good.
oh, that McDreamy - he's just going to hurt Meredith.

9:22 AM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh No!!! Not you too!!!
Grey's claims another one...

Shawn

5:52 PM, October 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing! I am experiencing the same loss of reality as I make my way through "Lost"...Don't even start with that one!! Love the blog! I totally stalk you ;)

Amy Webster

9:07 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger The Taylors said...

Amy!
Great to hear from you...i wish that you had a blog so that I stalk you too. See you at Christmas?

Kristin

11:24 PM, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home