Nov 25, 2007

Farewell to the Saturn

Shawn here:

This is my first official post on "Our Favorite Views". Without further ado, lets get started!

An important milestone has passed. I have sold my very first car... Yes, The 93 Saturn SL1 Glenn helped me purchase back when I started with Orion Electronics, is gone.

I know, I know, it's hard to take, but lets focus on the positives. Blue and I made many journeys back-and-forth to Windsor N.S every day (my calculations come to around 650 trips!) . Now that K and I are living from one home, we can make do to only have one vehicle. It's our way of doing a bit better for the environment, and saving a bit of money to boot.

It was a good car, it was a great car. We had good times, we had sad times. SOLD to the highest bidder at $800, using kijiji.ca. (If you haven't used it - it's a great local buy and sell network).

Now if you know me, and you know me well, you'll know that I am a nerd. I love a good spreadsheet, and I'll share my cost-analysis of the Saturn. Here is a link to my Car Expenses Spreadsheet: Notice how expensive an inexpensive car can be - another $80 a month and I could have been leasing a brand new car!!



Here are some pics, in the memory of ol' Blue. Check out the futuristic seat-belts circa 1993!
Farewell Blue...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good sales pitch(spread Sheet) for buying new instead of driving old! -G

10:53 PM, November 25, 2007  
Blogger Craig Gallant said...

Shawn, I understand how you feel about parting with Blue. We finally put Martha - our '98 Protege with 270k km's - to rest a few weeks back. It was tough to let her go but considering I she use to shut down at random while driving we thought it was time.

4:00 PM, November 26, 2007  
Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Shawn so nice to see you on blogger. I am hoping your sensitive nature; blogging and enjoying the spa will rub off on Kevin.

Sorry to here about blue, but glad you told me about kijiji or whatever its called...I do love to shop online :) I'll tell Kevin you told me about it - to make him love you more :)

10:38 AM, November 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home