May 21, 2007

Bluenose Marathon, May 20th

Shannon and I completed our first Marathon here in Halifax on Sunday...and Shawn completed his second. Who knew that we were "marathoners"...if you asked me a year ago, even 6 months ago, I wouldn't have guessed that I'd be running 42.2 kms. Shane was our support crew, fan club, and personal photographer...thanks Shane!!

Here we are before the race...I was feeling quite nervous.

Shannon and I, on Barrington Street, ~6kms into the race.

Shawn lookin' very good, ~26kms in

Still smiling...26kms in!

At the finish line...Shawn waited for us of course, and cheered us in! 4hrs 11mins!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the three of you for doing so well!( I could have done that! Ha Ha ) - Dad

10:12 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Good job Girls! Really you are my inspiration for all things athletic - that an lululemon (PS I hear they are gting on eat the new mall in darthmouth)

Kristin -- see you this weekend??

S

10:15 PM, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Tim Horsman said...

Congratulations to all three of you. I think anyone who completes a marathon should automatically have 3 years tacked on to the end of their life...

Shawn looks waaaaay too comfortable at 26kms, that's about how I look after two steps on my 1.5mi run...Then it's all pain and reddening of the face - of course in the last two years I've had to run in 80 degree Hawaiian heat.

3:24 AM, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Craig Gallant said...

Congrats on marathon no. 1 ladies and no. 2 for you Shawn. That's a great accomplishment and your time was impressive as well.

Shawn, I have to agree with Tim...are you sure you ran the whole way? In that pic at 26kms you look like you just started the race!

Not sure how you guys stay so motivated. Can you share your secret :~)

Craigger.

9:29 AM, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Have fun in Vancouver!

K&S&C

4:42 PM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Check out the video I posted of us last weekend.

8:59 PM, June 05, 2007  
Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

You are the only one who guessed correct for both of them. I dont speak Portugese.

Also. I am tagging you. Just to get you to post.

8:04 PM, June 20, 2007  
Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Kristin and Shawn are blog-rejects. If you ever check your blog and find this let us know :) We love you anyways, The Ramsey

5:10 PM, July 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home