Fruits of Labour
I've been racking my brain, trying to come up with something to post about. I don't have any cute kiddies to show you (Sonya, what would you blog about without Claire and Max?). And it's not like we don't do anything exciting anymore...now that we're an old married couple, I just figured that you've seen enough pictures of us running through the woods!
So I'm going to try blogging about everyday life, and here is my first attempt!
As you know, Shawn has been busy working lately...but I bet you didn't know that I've been busy keeping him well fed!
On Saturday night I made a special meal for us to enjoy, complete with wine and candles.
Here it is: Pork tenderloin with a rosemary & garlic rub, stuffed with Momma Steeves' secret stuffing; roasted potatoes; and fresh green & yellow beans and carrots from the Market.

On Sunday I went on a baking rampage, stocking our freezer with lots of goodies. I made (from right to left) "Green-light" Pear & Raisin Bran Muffins, Seed Oatcakes, and for my man: Banana Chocolate-Chip Muffins! But they are a "good for you" recipe too....Shh! Don't tell Shawn!



Another recent obsession of mine is my patio "garden". Shawn teases me because I'm constantly checking on them (the plants), watering them, and talking to them. The two big planters have fresh herbs: Cilantro, Basil, Oregano (i think), Chives, Parsley and Thyme. All of the other little pots are an annual flower called Browallia.

The trouble is that I can't get the Browallia to flower! When I bought them they didn't have flowers, and they were little 3 inch green things. They are obviously growing quite well...but don't seem to want to grow flowers... Until I noticed one little bloom this week. We'll see if more turn up! Any ideas Jane?

That's all for now from the exciting life of the Taylors!
So I'm going to try blogging about everyday life, and here is my first attempt!
As you know, Shawn has been busy working lately...but I bet you didn't know that I've been busy keeping him well fed!
On Saturday night I made a special meal for us to enjoy, complete with wine and candles.
Here it is: Pork tenderloin with a rosemary & garlic rub, stuffed with Momma Steeves' secret stuffing; roasted potatoes; and fresh green & yellow beans and carrots from the Market.
On Sunday I went on a baking rampage, stocking our freezer with lots of goodies. I made (from right to left) "Green-light" Pear & Raisin Bran Muffins, Seed Oatcakes, and for my man: Banana Chocolate-Chip Muffins! But they are a "good for you" recipe too....Shh! Don't tell Shawn!

Here I am wrapping them all individually...

...and now they are freezer ready!

Another recent obsession of mine is my patio "garden". Shawn teases me because I'm constantly checking on them (the plants), watering them, and talking to them. The two big planters have fresh herbs: Cilantro, Basil, Oregano (i think), Chives, Parsley and Thyme. All of the other little pots are an annual flower called Browallia.

The trouble is that I can't get the Browallia to flower! When I bought them they didn't have flowers, and they were little 3 inch green things. They are obviously growing quite well...but don't seem to want to grow flowers... Until I noticed one little bloom this week. We'll see if more turn up! Any ideas Jane?

That's all for now from the exciting life of the Taylors!


6 Comments:
Gee! Where did you learn to cook? You rven get marks for presentation. Nice! GG
why Sonya would post about me, of cour....hmmm
kr
I am so glad to see your blogging again... Someday you will have the cutest kids ever too :) All kids are actually the cutest kids ever to their friends and family. Cant wait to go to Moncton this weekend... hope the rain goes away.
WOW - I am impressed (and very proud too, of course) - looks like good cooking and yummy baking going on at Team Taylor's place!
Luv, Mom
Love the new template! How did you make the format for it.
Hey guys,
Just found your blog. Didn't realize you had one. That meal looked delicious!! Very impressive!
Post a Comment
<< Home