Oct 6, 2008

Happy Day to Us, Happy Da-ay to Us

S to the T here.

Think back. Think way, way back... Back before anyone knew Sarah Palin could see Russia from her backyard, Back before the world's largest particle accelerator was completed and threatened to suck the world as we know it into a black hole, Back before the triumphant return of NKOTB, Back before humankind had opposing thumbs... OK, not that far back.... But pretty far back.

Exactly 1 year ago Kristin and I were married. I remember it, just like it was a year ago. I had a great year with Kristin, and we've had a lot of fun being married. It turns out we're pretty good roommates too!

To celebrate, we thought we'd try to do something a bit different from our everyday adventures. Since today was a busy day for both of us with real-world things, we decided to celebrate our one year over the weekend.

Since pics are cooler than words, here are a few pics of The Taylor Romantic Getaway Weekend Extravaganza.

We kicked off our weekend on Thursday after receiving a last minute call from Andy Black for two tickets to the NSLC Winemaker's Dinner. Each year, the NSLC holds a weekend-long wine festival, and they start the festival with an evening including a 5 course dinner complete with two taster wines for each course. We rubbed elbows with some of Nova Scotia's finest as we enjoyed Symphony Nova Scotia, a live auction, some great food, and sampled a selection of fine Argentinian wines. Thanks to the Black's for the tickets! (Sorry, no pics)


Friday PM we set course for the Eastern shore of Nova Scotia. First stop - Fairwinds Restaurant, Sheet Harbour. (Estimated population - 15, most of them in the restaurant eating fish and chips) . We enjoyed greasy onion-rings, chicken wings, and BLTs.



2nd stop - Black Duck Seaside Inn, 10 minutes East of Sheet Harbour. By 'Inn', they mean Bed & Breakfast & Friendly Innkeeper. Great view, right on the ocean. Population - Us, a couple from BC (Celebrating their 50th Anniversary!) and the Innkeeper. Breakfast, blueberry pancakes and two strips of bacon. The dresser had a glass dolphin.

Next stop on The Taylor Romantic Getaway Weekend Extravaganza was Nova Scotia's very own Taylor Head provincial park. Beautiful little ditty not but a stone's throw from ol' Sheet Harbour.

First, we conquered the beach hike. Kristin climbed on the delicate dunes to get this picture. "Save the Dunes" I told her, but she said she hated the environment.




I think Kristin must have pointed to her cheek and indicated without so many words, to 'plant one'. I'm such a good husband.
K-dawg- relaxin with the views.
S-diddy, relaxing with the views...

Next stop on The Taylor Romantic Getaway Weekend Extravaganza was Martinique beach - the longest sand beach in Nova Scotia (5km long). We shared some yummy carrot cake, strolled along the beach, and made fun of the wimpy surfers.

FLASHBACK:
The Taylors celebrating the 6th month mark at DQ. Look at that terrible form. The spoon is all messy, the leverage is all wrong. Rookies!

-st-

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hilarious. I think I will go read it again. Nice to see that someone is keeping up with the blog. Good work Shawn.

11:48 AM, October 07, 2008  
Blogger Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

PS Your blog is at the top of my blog list - for recently updated blogs. Gold star for you guys.

11:49 AM, October 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I love seeing that you've updated your blog...I start smiling before I even start reading. Love ya both.

and 1st Happy Anniversay - it only gets better.

Hugs...Ellen

1:55 PM, October 07, 2008  
Blogger GG&A said...

Team Taylor does it again! Great pics and commentary - I almost felt like we were there (just what you'd want on an anniversay celebration - your parents & in-laws!) I agree you have a knack for blogging...we're looking forward to more posts in the future!! - XXOO, Mom & Dad

7:30 PM, October 08, 2008  
Blogger The Barretts said...

That was hilarious! Congrats on the 1 year!

I didn't know that Kristin hated the environment...shame, shame.... :)

10:49 AM, October 10, 2008  
Blogger The Barretts said...

PS That glass dolphin is exquisite...

10:50 AM, October 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home